I Candidate requirements
- Candidates must support the leadership of the Communist Party of China, be willing to serve the socialist modernization, have good character, obey laws and rules, have no disciplinary actions during studies, be physically and mentally healthy, and comply with the medical examination and relevant requirements of the state and the school.
- Candidates must be hardworking and quick-witted and have strong innovation and practical ability.
- Candidates must be outstanding fresh graduates with exam-exempt recommendation from the original school.
- Candidates must have passed the tests of all undergraduate courses, rank top among students of the same major in terms of professional scores or comprehensive scores, and get at least 425 points in CET-4.
- Priority will be given to fresh graduates majoring in national key disciplines and superior disciplines.
- Priority will be given to candidates that publish articles in core journals and above, receive scientific research awards or win prizes in national major science and technology competitions.
- Original copy and photocopies of student ID card and identity card within the validity period (submit photocopies and present the original copy during interview).
- A copy of the undergraduate transcript with the official seal of the original school's academic affairs office.
- Application for 2019 Recommended Exam-Exempt Graduates of Beijing Institute of Technology (see the appendix).
- CET-4 transcript (submit a photocopy and present the original copy during interview).
- One photocopy for each certificate of honor.
- Medical examination report (Medical examination can be carried out in the hospital of Beijing Institute of Technology between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. every Monday and Thursday (blood drawing needs to be completed before 9 a.m.). Candidates that are not students of Beijing Institute of Technology need to provide a medical examination report from a 3A hospital if unable to carry out medical examination in Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Candidates may also submit representative academic papers or publications that can reflect their academic level or photocopies or certificates of academic achievement.
All the materials must be in the size of A4. All the application materials of candidates will be submitted to the school for review and filing during reexamination, and the submitted materials will not be returned. (Candidates who apply for a master program in accounting shall write MPACC in a prominent position on the material cover).
III Application procedures
- Application: Candidates shall submit materials between September 12 and September 22, fill in the Application for 2019 Recommended Exam-Exempt Graduates (see the appendix), and mail the stamped application form to Room 336, the main building of Beijing Institute of Technology, No.5 Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing. The school will conduct an initial review of the candidates’ qualifications within five working days, determine the reexamination list, and issue a reexamination notice to the corresponding candidates.
- Reexamination method and time
- The reexamination team shall consist of at least three experts in the discipline.
- Reexamination notice: The team responsible for initial qualification review will conduct a preliminary review of the application information of the recommended exam-exempt candidates, determines the reexamination list and issue a reexamination notice to the corresponding candidates.
- Reexamination: The interview panel will have an interview with the candidates, give scores and determine the pre-admission list.
- After September 25, the accepted candidates shall visit the "National Information Disclosure, Management and Service System for Outstanding Fresh Graduates Exempt from Graduate Entrance Examination" (hereinafter referred to as "Service System", http://yz.chsi.com.cn/tm) for registration. The Service System will open at 0 a.m. of September 28 (subject to the notice of the Ministry of Education).
- After registration in the system on September 28, the Graduate Admissions Office of Beijing Institute of Technology will issue a pre-admission notice to those candidates passing the reexamination through the Service System, and such candidates need to make online confirmation ("Agree on admission") before completing the admission process. Candidates who fail to confirm within 24 hours after the issuance of notice will be deemed to have gave up, and the school has the right to fill vacancies in the proper order. Candidates shall pay close attention to online information.
- Candidates may consult the school about relevant application information from now on. Academic master programs: He Wei, Tel: 010-68912481; accounting master program: Mr. Qi, Tel: 010-68918820.
- The school will conduct an ideological and political morality assessment for candidates who ave obtained the qualification of the school for recommended exam-exempt graduate programs in April 2019, and sign the corresponding agreement with the candidates under the directional employment category. It will issue an acceptance letter in mid-June to those passing the ideological and political morality assessment and the medical examination.
- The school plans to recruit 36 recommended exam-exempt students majoring Management Science and Engineering, 44 majoring in Business Administration, 19 majoring in Applied Economics, 3 majoring in National Economy Mobilization, 10 majoring in Energy and Climate Economics and 5 majoring in Accounting (professional degree).
- Candidates complying with any of the following circumstances will be deprived of admission qualification:
- Failing in the ideological and political morality assessment;
- The materials provided are inconsistent with the facts, constituting a cheat;
- Failing in one or more subjects during the fourth year of undergraduate study;
- The score of undergraduate diploma project or thesis is below the "good" level;
- Failing to get the bachelor's degree certificate when graduating;
- Failing to meet the prescribed medical examination standards or being unable to continue learning due to physical defects or illness.
- Award and subsidy policy for graduates
- Scholarships for Excellent New Students
All the recommended exam-exempt students admitted to the school (including academic degree and professional degree programs) can get a scholarship for excellent new students: 10,000 yuan for students directly starting doctoral studies after completing undergraduate studies) (100%), first-level scholarship for 40% of the recommended exam-exempt postgraduate students: 8,000 yuan, and second-level scholarship for 60% of the recommended exam-exempt postgraduate students: 5,000 yuan.
- Grants from the state and the school
During the period of studying for a master's degree (full-time non-directional academic programs and professional degree A), each student enjoys a national grant of 6,000 yuan and a school grant of 4,000 yuan every year, totaling 10,000 yuan. During the period of studying for a doctoral degree (full-time non-directional academic programs), each student enjoys a national grant of 15,000 yuan and a school grant of 10,000 yuan every year, totaling 25,000 yuan.
- Academic Scholarships for Senior Students
Excellent postgraduate students in the second grade and above can apply for academic scholarships, and the first-level scholarship is 8,000 yuan per person per year. Scholarships at other levels are set by the schools. Doctoral students may apply for academic scholarships, and the first-level scholarship is 10,000 yuan per person per year. Scholarships at other levels are set by the schools.
Excellent postgraduate students (full-time non-directional academic and professional degree programs) can apply for national scholarships once a year (20,000 yuan each time) during studying for a degree. Excellent doctoral students (full-time non-directional academic programs) can apply for national scholarships once a year (30,000 yuan each time) during studying for a degree.
Beijing Institute of Technology has over 60 kinds of social scholarships. Excellent graduates can apply for them during studying for a degree. The amount of scholarships ranges from 2,000 yuan to 30,000 yuan per person.
- Management Assistant, Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant
The school has established positions such as management assistant and teaching assistant for graduates. It pays 800 yuan per month to each postgraduate student employed, and 1,000 yuan per month to each doctoral student employed. In addition, supervisors will pay doctoral students at least 10,000 yuan per person per year (calculated according to 10 months per year, at least 1,000 yuan per month) for research assistance.
He Wei: 68912481 18369278973
Qi Yingjie: 68918820 13683007195 (Accounting Master)
School of Management and Economics
September 12, 2018