Ⅰ.About the School
University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison), founded in 1848, is located in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. It is one of the world's top public research universities, the USNEWS in 2015-16 ranked the university 26th and the 2015-16 Times Higher Education ranked the university 50th in the world.The school is the flagship institution of the University of Wisconsin system and one of the founding members of the Association of American Universities, the leading academic union of North America. It is also one of the founding members of the top ten well-known alliances in the United States. UW-Madison, an Ivy public university, together with the University of California at Berkeley, the University of California at Los Angeles, and the University of Michigan, represent the highest level of public universities in the United States.
Ⅱ.About the Program
Study at the University of Wisconsin-Madison as an exchange student for no more than one academic year
1. Undergraduate students in the fourth year of the School of Management and Economics, Beijing Institute of Technology;
2 Academic performance is ranked in the top 30%; mathematics, statistics, economics courses ranked in the top 25% or GPA 3.0 (B) / 4.0
3. English level: TOEFL is not less than 80 (iBT) or not less than 550 (PBT), IELTs is not less than 6.5
4. The School of Management makes recommendation;
Ⅳ.Pass the interview of the University of Wisconsin.
Ⅳ.Program duration and cost
Program duration: one semester or one academic year
Study fee: Undergraduate expenses are around $19,392 (floating, please refer to: https://bursar.wisc.edu/tuition-and-fees/tuition-rates). Exchange students are responsible for the expenses incurred in participating in the exchange program, including round trips. Travel, accommodation, living and insurance.Standard tuition fees and other related fees should be paid to the original school.
V. Application methods and time schedule
1. Applicants register in the undergraduate international exchange project management system;
2. Applicants should generate an “Approval Form for Undergraduate Students to Study Abroad in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan” in the management system. The professional responsibility professor and the head of the School shall sign the form, and a PDF version be uploaded in the system;
3. Upload a PDF version of the materials required in the system, including undergraduate school certificate, English or French language proficiency test materials, college transcripts, English resume, and passport home page;
4. Application time: From the beginning of each year to the end of March
5. Program inquiry: Teacher Sun, School of Management and Economics: sunqiong @bit.edu.cn/68914234